We went for a walk yesterday morning. Thankfully, the weather has been gorgeous the past few days (maybe rainy season is on its way out!!). Luke was in the Ergo carrier, Zair in the stroller, and Bethan running ahead and behind doing some serious sniffing and exploring. A woman stopped and asked me if the boys were twins. I just had to laugh inside. Twins, really?? Once she got a better look at them she definately understood.
While our housekeeper, Patty, is in the hospital with her new little girl, we have been watching her older son, Zair (20 months). I sort of feel like I have twins this week!! Overall, it has gone really well. Zair has jumped into our routine and I think feels quite loved at the Barker house. The boys are just 6 months apart. It has been fun to watch them play, interact, and to anticipate what Luke will be like in an other couple of months.

Zair has some new favorite foods...goldfish and Cherrios to name a few. I think he could make it in America!!

We spend lots of time reading books. Thankfully, Luke has slowed down enough to really enjoy sitting and looking at books again. He's learning to point at different pictures too. And Zair certainly loves to "read". Sometimes he really gets going with his Spanish gibersih.

Milk...it does a body good.
While I was washing dishes this morning the boys took a quick break from playing with their respective pitchers. Seems that Luke's shoe had fallen off and they were attempting to put it back on. I am learning that toddler shoes are a bit like newborn socks...they just won't stay on. For the most part the boys interact really well and are interested in one another. However, when Luke tries to touch Zair's hair (who wouldn't??), Zair isn't too sure. And when Zair tries to help Luke walk, Luke doesn't much want his help.

This is usually how we get upstairs. Imagine me walking behind saying..."Let's go upstairs", "Arriba, arriba", "Upstairs", "Vamanos". My Spanglish has reaching an all time high this week.


As I said, Zair has jumped into our routine quite well. The boys take their nap at the same time right after lunch, eat meals and snacks together, and take baths together in the
tina. Everything is more fun with two, right??
Now, I have to be realistic and let you know that everthing hasn't been all rosy and smiley. We have had our moments. I'll spare you pictures of the floor after mealtimes, one of Luke's "that's my mommy" meltdowns, or the trashcan full of dirty diapers.
We made our first outing as a "family of four" yesterday afternoon to visit Patty and Rose Gaudalupe in the hospital. Zair was about as interested in meeting his little sister as he was taking this picture. We were glad to see her though!
I'm dying over here, Amy. This totally cracked me up, especially the part about the lady asking if they are twins and the bit about your Spanglish and the stairs. On a serious note, what do toddlers in Peru eat if Cheerios are not in the picture?
ReplyDeleteAmy, these pictures and your explanation made me laugh out loud! It must be like a zoo at the Barker house - the boys are just so cute together:-) I can just see it in my mind.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad they are getting along well - I guess Zair's easy temperament and Luke's curiosity just go hand in hand. You and Greg obviously are taking it all in stride for now - what a blessing for Patty. She can concentrate on herself and Rose knowing that Zair is happy and safe with you guys. Keep us posted!
You have made my day! How fun are these beautiful boys?!?! I know you are busy and fall into bed each night! I am praying for you and please tell Patricia I am praying for her! Hang in there!!! Love and Blessings, Donna
ReplyDeleteOkay, so I have two kiddos at my house and at 4 YEARS apart, it is chaos. I can't imagine 6 mos!!!! What a blessing you are to Patty and her little family. We continue to pray for you all...
ReplyDelete