Sunday, November 1, 2009

Chipotle

So, anyone who knows me well knows that I have a few loves (okay obsessions... borderline addictions) in life...Burt's Bees Wax, Chick-fil-A, Sonic, Chipotle to name a few. These are things that I consider life's simple pleasures. I do love them.

Well, our first visitor arrived in Peru this weekend. My friend Chelse, from North Carolina, is here for the next two weeks to keep us company and even work in the clinic as a nurse some. Before coming, Chelse asked what she could bring for us from the states. I gave her a list of some things that aren't available here...chocolate chips, peanut butter, Cherrios for Luke, Bisquick. Greg ordered a few things online and had them sent to her house. I joked that what I would really like would be a Chick-fil-A sandwich or a Chipotle burrito. Hahaha!!

Chelse came off the airplane with a large suitcase and a large backpack. The backpack was her things and the suitcase was full of treats for the Barker family. Sure enough...nestled in the suitcase, packed in an insulated lunch bag, wrapped in foil were two CHIPOTLE BURRITOS. She froze them before leaving home and they stayed cool through the overnight flight, two layovers and customs in Lima. They were yummy...


Thanks Chelse

4 comments:

  1. That is fabulous!! What a great friend to bring such a treat....I hope you have a great visit together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some women's Top 4 would read more like gold, diamonds, cashmere, and chocolate. For you it's fast food and chapstick.

    Greg is a lucky man to have it so easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy I love following along on your blog.... We miss Chelse already BUT I know you guys will have a wonderful time visiting. She has been looking forward to seeing you ALL. We think of you often! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete