Thursday, August 27, 2009

La Fuente

This morning Luke and I walked to the clinic with Greg to check it out and get a weight on the little man. I thought I would share some pictures of La Fuente (the fountain in Spanish). The clinic went through an expansion since our visit here in 2007. It was neat to see how it has grown over the past couple of years. Anyone is welcome to come to La Fuente (kids and adults) and are asked to pay 3 soles (1 US dollar) if possible for medical care.

The entrance to the La Fuente from the street.

This is the outdoor waiting area just inside the gate.


A new exam room...there are four exam rooms total.

Kid friendly exam room.

Greg and Jose, the Peruvian doctor, standing in the pharmacy.

The clinic has a check in area, a pharmacy, a small lab, four exam rooms, and an office for the doctors. Greg works with Jose, Dr. Bill Allen (long term MTW missionary), and three Peruvian nurses each day. Hopefully I'll get to join him one morning a week before too long!!



3 comments:

  1. So great to see these pictures of the clinic. Greg, you look very medical! We're praying daily:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking us on a little walk! It's great to see all the things that make up your daily life there. I hope all the clinic work is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the peds friendly room! Winnie the Pooh and some anatomy poster. Also, you took Luke to the clinic to get weighed...what was the result??!!!

    ReplyDelete