Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Roof Top View

In a new place it is hard to take everything in at once. There are so many new sights, faces, sounds, smells and experiences. When scenes you encouter show the dark reality of poverty, faces are unfamiliar, language is foreign it can be easy to miss something magestic, beautiful and even familiar that is right before your eyes...in every direction. This is what I have experienced at least. Yesterday, I was on the roof of our new house doing my first load of laundry...

We have a washing machine and this is our dryer!

I stopped for a few minutes to look around. I really looked around. This would be our home for the coming year. Amidst all the unfamliar and the dirty, I saw this...


...the majestic and beautiful Andes mountains. We are surrounded by them in every direction. These shots were taken from our rooftop just after the picture of the laundry. What a view!!

This was a moment of being reminded of God's beauty, his handiwork, his majesty. What a picture of Christ. Beautiful, majestic. How easily we often miss that for the difficulty we face, the dirt in our hearts and lives, the uncomfortable situations that we are in. Yet, Christ surrounds us. He covers all that if we just look to Him. Thank you, Lord.

3 comments:

  1. Such beautiful mountains! "God did good"!

    Enjoyed talking to you today! We love and miss you.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the updates and am so encouraged by your trust and your faith. We do serve a God who is bigger than all we could ask or imagine. No doubt He is already using the two of you for great things in the Kingdom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are feeling the Lord's provision as you spend your first few days in your new home. And the mountains are great...it looks like you could just walk right up them!

    ReplyDelete